Detached House For Sale in Rural Rocky View County, Alberta
|Address||35 Mckendrick Ru|
|Courtesy Of||RE/MAX HOUSE OF REAL ESTATE|
|Size (AG)||5477 sq/ft|
|Lot Size||8012 sq/metres|
|Parking||Quad or More Attached, Insulated, Heated, Parking Pad Cement or Paved, RV Parking|
*3D Virtual Tour Available* Extraordinary home on 1.98 acres mere mins to fantastic schools & Calgary amenities! 7 BEDS/9 BATHS & over 7,700 sf of extensively upgraded living space. This home has a WALKOUT bsmt, oversized 5 car garage, custom casings/trim/millwork & window coverings, heated floors & audio upgrades. Grandiose entry w/ dual staircases, soaring coffered ceilings & crystal chandeliers. Main hosts a private den, formal dining, living rm, chef’s kitchen, guest bed w/ 5-pc ensuite, 2 pwdr rms & a 2nd sitting rm w/ a 2-storey cultured stone fireplace. 2nd fl bonus rm has workspace, rec room, reading nook & separate meditation rm. 4 beds/4 baths up including the master & a junior master suite. WALKOUT lower ft. wine display, home theatre, full bar, gym, 2 beds/2 baths & access to covered lower patio. Luxury upgrades: hwd/tile floors, Wolf/Sub Zero appliances, multiple outdoor spaces & MORE. Too many upgrades to list, a private tour is a MUST. Full details on Realtor’s website
|Features||Ceiling 10 ft., Deck, No Animal Home, No Smoking Home, Patio, Programmable Thermostat|
|Site Influences||Cul-De-Sac, Estate Property, Fenced, Landscaped, Schools, See Remarks, Shopping Nearby, Treed Lot|
|Parking||Quad or More Attached, Insulated, Heated, Parking Pad Cement or Paved, RV Parking|
|Goods Included||Dishwasher-Built-In, Dryer, Garage Control, Garage Opener, Garburator, Hood Fan, Oven-Built-In, Oven-Microwave, Refrigerator, Stove-Gas, Vacuum System Attachments, Vacuum System(s), Washer, Water Distiller, Window Coverings-All, Wine/Beverage Cooler|
|Exteriors||Brick, Stone, Stucco|
|Flooring||Carpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Non-Ceramic Tile|
|Heating Type||Forced Air-2,In Floor Heat System|
|Roof Type||Asphalt Shingles|
Grandiose and elegant, this custom-designed home in Springbank sits on a 1.98-Acre Lot with East/West exposure for optimal natural light and stunning sunsets. Boasting an impressive 7 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms over a whopping 7,700 square feet of extensively upgraded living space, this extraordinary estate home caters to the distinguished buyer who appreciates attention to detail.
Fully-upgraded inside and out, this home features an oversized 5-car attached garage, custom-designed wood casings/trim/millwork throughout including crown mouldings and oversized baseboards and solid wood interior passage doors with custom headers. This home is wired for sound in multiple zones, including the rear outdoor patios, and features heated tile, engineered hardwood flooring, and custom window coverings throughout.
Located just a short drive from West-end Calgary shops, dining, amenities, with multiple high-ranking public and private schools nearby, this is the perfect location for large or growing families looking for an exclusive estate-style home just outside of the city.
An impressive castle-like exterior with extensive stone detailing and mature landscaping lends to the immaculate street presence of this home. Complete with a concrete driveway and private rural views, the exterior sets the tone for the equally impressive interior.
Beyond the custom fir front door, this home begins with a grand foyer with dual curved staircases and soaring open-to-above coffered ceilings that span the entire length of the home and highlight an impressive crystal chandelier. The well-executed floorplan offers generous principal rooms throughout including an eat-in kitchen, a formal dining room, open family room, a private office and an immaculate two storey living room on the main floor. With a mix of engineered hardwood, carpet and tile floors with custom mosaic details throughout, this home showcases a sophisticated aesthetic. The upgraded lighting package features designer fixtures including ample recessed lights and multiple chandeliers. Conveniently, both crystal chandeliers are motorized for easy maintenance.
Once inside, the front entry features a custom built-in bench and a large closet to keep personal items stowed out of sight. Accessible from the main foyer, both a private den and formal dining room feature custom French doors for added privacy when in use. Dual open-riser wood staircases flank the entry on either side and draw visitors into a stunning two-storey living room, highlighted by a floor-to-ceiling fireplace with a cultured stone facade, and an elegant crystal chandelier above. Multiple windows span up two storeys for beautiful natural light, making this the perfect place to unwind.
Around the corner, the family room features expansive windows on two sides, with a second fireplace with custom built-ins and recessed feature lighting on both sides and plug-ins for a wall mounted television above. Elegant wood beams span across the ceiling and down the walls for added interest and conveniently, this space opens directly to the chef’s kitchen.
A dream for those who like to cook, the outstanding kitchen features tile floors, ceiling-height wood cabinetry with crown molding details and an antique finish, an Italian tile backsplash, and granite countertops with elegant beveled-edges. The premium stainless-steel appliance package includes a built-in paneled-front Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer, a 6-burner Wolf range with a griddle and double ovens, a custom-built decorative hoodfan designed to match the surrounding cabinetry, and a brushed-bronze pot filler. A built-in Miele microwave drawer and dishwasher are both located in the central island for ease of use. Designed like a piece of furniture, the central island features hand-carved wood legs, granite counters and also houses a glazed Kohler Sink with a garburator and Hans Grohe faucet, with three designer pendants above.
Around the corner, a secondary “spice kitchen” features an additional 6-burner Wolf range with a built-in hoodfan, a second Sub-Zero refrigerator, granite countertops, a prep sink and extra custom cabinetry.
Dining options are plentiful, with bar seating at the island, and sit-down seating in the eat-in kitchen. Surrounded by windows, the breakfast nook features tons of natural light and also enjoys direct access to a large upper patio with room for outdoor furniture.
For larger gatherings and fancier affairs, the formal dining room at the front of the home features custom French doors and space for a full-sized dining table. Complete with elegant coffered ceilings with inset lighting and a chandelier, wainscoting and large windows, this is the perfect space to host upscale dinner parties. Those who like to entertain will enjoy the custom-built bar area with granite countertops, an undermount sink, and upper/lower cabinetry with antique finish, glass fronts and display lighting.
Away from the main living spaces, custom French doors lead to a large private den complete with floor-to-ceiling bookcases with glass fronts and a built-in desk.
Ideal for overnight guests or live-in family members who don’t do well with stairs, this home features a guest bedroom on the main floor with large windows, a walk-in closet and a private 5-piece ensuite with tile floors, granite countertops, dual undermount Kohler sinks, and a tub/shower combo with a tile surround. Two additional 2-piece powder rooms on this level are perfect for both everyday and guest use.
Two open-riser curved staircases with custom railings lead to the second floor balcony and bonus room which overlook the front foyer and rear living room. Perfect for working or relaxing away from the main level, this upper floor bonus room features a built-in workspace with a granite top, and a spacious sitting area with a fully-integrated Smart TV with access to Google Chrome. Direct access outside leads to a covered upper balcony that opens to an enormous private upper deck. On the other side of the upper stairwells, a quiet sitting area features custom French doors that lead to a separate meditation area that can serve its function as a prayer room, or for those who would rather, it coverts easily to a home library or reading nook.
Four bedrooms and four full bathrooms are located on the second floor including the beautiful master suite and a secondary junior master suite. All bedrooms have plenty of space for large furniture sets and feature plush carpet with an engineered hardwood border.
The master suite features large windows with a custom-built window seat, dual walk-in closets and a luxurious 5-piece ensuite. This spa-inspired oasis features a private water closet, heated tile floors and furniture style vanity with granite countertops, dual sinks and plentiful built-in storage with wall mounted light fixtures. The walk-in shower features a glass wall, extensive tile detailing, a built-in bench and Hans Grohe rain shower and hand held shower heads. A separate drop-in jetted tub features a tile surround and a chandelier above for softer lighting.
The junior master suite is equally impressive with a built-in window seat and a large walk-in closet with custom shelving. A private 5-piece ensuite features heated tile floors with a custom mosaic design, a large vanity with dual undermount sinks and built-in storage and wall-mounted light fixtures above. A large walk-in shower features glass walls and full-height tile with a rain shower and adjustable shower head. Beside the shower a free-standing soaker tub has a floor mounted filler and a crystal chandelier above.
Expertly designed with family in mind, both additional bedrooms have large closets and access to separate bathrooms. Bedroom 3 features a large built-in closet and a private 4-piece ensuite with heated tile floors, a large vanity with granite countertops and a tub/shower combo with a tile surround. Bedroom 4 has a custom walk-in closet, a built-in desk and is located across the hall from the main 4-piece bathroom which also features heated tile floors, granite countertops and a tub/shower with a tile surround.
Downstairs, the fully-developed walkout basement boasts over 2,282 square feet of additional upgraded living space with radiant in-floor heat and ample entertainment amenities including access to the extra-large covered lower patio.
At the bottom of the stairs a wall-to-wall built-in wine display features custom-built shelving with storage for hundreds of bottles, cultured stone surround and feature lighting. In the main rec room, a full bar features granite countertops, an undermount sink, tile backsplash, island with raised seating, two beverage fridges, glassware storage and custom cabinetry with glass fronts and feature lighting. Adjacent to the bar a games area has space for a table and direct access to the lower patio.
Two additional bedrooms are great for larger families or overnight guests and both enjoy use of separate bathrooms. The main 4-piece bathroom/steam room features heated tile floors and dual vanities with granite countertops, separated by a custom-built cabinet tower. The oversized steam shower has room for 8 with a glass wall, built-in bench and full-height tile details. The second bedroom enjoys use of a private 4-piece ensuite, designed to the same standard as the rest of the home with heated tile floors, granite countertops and a tub/shower combo.
Perfect for movie nights, this home features a formal theatre room with a built-in Bee projector and screen fully-upgraded with surround sound, controlled lighting and a full audio-visual setup for the ultimate viewing experience. Rounding out the lower level, the dedicated fitness studio features upgraded cork flooring and lots of windows for plentiful natural light.
This home features multiple outdoor spaces including two upper decks, a covered lower patio, and an expansive paved quad for outdoor sports. Both the rear balcony and covered lower patio feature outdoor speakers and beautiful west-facing views. The lower patio features a spacious covered sitting area and direct access to the backyard. Accessible from the kitchen, the rear balcony features lots of space for furniture and overlooks the sports court. Perfect for enjoying quiet mornings, the other upper balcony is accessible from the second floor bonus room and wraps around the east side of the home.
Designed and upgraded to match the rest of the home, the oversized 5-car attached garage has ample built-in storage and an additional fridge/freezer. Insulated, drywalled, and painted with wood casings/trim and window coverings that match the interior of the home, this garage features radiant in-floor heat, custom crafted wood panel doors, as well as two man doors to access the front and rear of the home.
This exclusive estate home comes fully-loaded with two high-efficiency furnaces with power humidifiers, a central vacuum system with all attachments and wall-mounted hookups on each floor, Kinetico water softener and filtration system, a 110-gallon water tank as well as a separate boiler for the radiant in-floor heating system. The Russsound sound system features built-in speakers throughout, including an outdoor zone at the rear of the home. For those who prefer to keep things extra-cool in the summer months, this home is roughed-in for central air conditioning.
Springbank is a coveted estate community, boasting exceptional homes, spectacular natural views, and unparalleled access to Alberta’s rural beauty – all within easy reach of Calgary’s city limits. This private parcel enjoys Westridge co-op water, and community common area snow removal and common property landscaping.
Nestled amongst throngs of mature trees, this country estate strikes a perfect balance between privacy and accessibility. Just a short drive from Calgary shops, services, entertainment and fine dining, this home has great proximity to a number of fantastic private and public schools, with convenient access to major roadways into the city or out to the mountains.
- Extraordinary 2-Storey Estate Home with Walkout Basement West of Calgary
- Custom Designed with High-End Finishing Selections from Top to Bottom
- Over 7,700 Square Feet of Total Developed Living Space (5,477 Above Grade)
- 1.98 Acre Lot with Landscaped Yard, Mature Trees and Multiple Outdoor Spaces
- 7 Bedrooms Total (4 Up + 1 Main + 2 Down)
- 9 Bathrooms Total (7 Full + 2 Half)
- Attached 5-Car Garage (56’-9” x 24’-11”)
- Extensive LED Pot Lighting & Designer Lighting Fixtures Throughout
- Custom-Designed Wood Casings and Trim Throughout with Crown Molding Details and Oversized Baseboards
- 8-ft Solid Wood Interior Passage Doors Throughout with Custom Headers
- In-Floor Heat in Basement, Garage and Bathrooms
- Extensive Custom Millwork and Ceiling Detailing Throughout
- Wired for Sound Including Outdoor Speakers
- Custom Window Coverings Throughout
MAIN FLOOR HIGHLIGHTS
- Dramatic Open-to-Above Coffered Ceilings with Inset Lighting and Motorized Crystal Chandelier for Easy Maintenance
- Dual Curved Staircases Flank the Front Entrance
- Front Entrance Features Built-In Bench with Custom Cushion, Large Front Closet and Mosaic Tile Detail
- Open to Above Formal Sitting Room with Two-Storey Cultured Stone Fireplace, Crystal Chandelier and Matching Wall Sconces
- Engineered Hardwood Floors and Large Profile Tile with Decorative Borders
- Mud Room with Built-In Storage, Bench with Custom Cushion and Built-In Cabinets, and Mirror with Wood Frame
- Wood-Wrapped Secondary Stairwell with Inset LED Lighting from Mud Room to Second Floor
- Laundry Room with Granite Countertops, Undermount Sink and Side-by-Side Appliances
- Main Floor Guest Bedroom with Curved Wall, Large Windows, Walk-In Closet and 5-Piece Ensuite with Tile Floors, Granite Countertops, Dual Undermount Kohler Sinks, Champagne Faucets and a Tub/Shower Combo with Tile Surround
- Two 2-Piece Powder Rooms
FORMAL DINING ROOM
- Formal Seated Dining Room with Custom French Doors and Wainscoting
- Coffered Ceiling with Inset Lighting and Chandelier
- Custom Built-Ins with Granite Counters, Undermount Sink, Tile Backsplash and Solid Cabinetry with Antique Finish, Glass Fronts on Upper Cabinets and Recessed Feature Lighting
- Private Front Office with Custom French Doors and Tray Ceiling with Crown Molding Detail, Chandelier and Recessed Feature Lighting
- Custom Built-In Cabinets with Glass Fronts
- Built-In Desk with Granite Top
- Secondary Passage Door to Hallway
- Beveled-Edge Granite Countertops with and Full-Height Italian Tile Backsplash
- Custom Cabinetry with Antique Finish, Crown Molding Details and Glass Inserts on Upper Cabinets
- Furniture Style Central Island with Hand Carved Legs, Glazed Kohler Sink with Garburator, Hans Grohe Faucet and Designer Pendants Above
- Eat-In Dining Nook with Several Windows and Direct Access to Upper Deck
- Premium Appliance Package Includes:
- Paneled-Front Built-In Sub-Zero Refrigerator/Freezer
- Built-In Miele Dishwasher
- Wolf 6-Burner Gas Range with Griddle and Double Oven
- Custom Decorative Hoodfan Built-In to Make Up Air System
- Brushed Bronze Pot Filler
- Built-In Wolf Microwave Drawer (In Island)
SECONDARY SPICE KITCHEN
- Beveled-Edge Granite Countertops and Full-Height Italian Tile Backsplash
- Custom Cabinetry with Crown Molding Details
- Undermount Sink with Garburator
- Premium Appliances Include:
- Additional Wolf 6-Burner Gas Range with Built-In Hood Fan Above
- Additional Sub-Zero Refrigerator
- Floor-to-Ceiling Cultured Stone Fireplace with Recessed Plug-Ins for a Wall-Mounted TV Above
- Custom Built-Ins with Cabinets and Open Shelves with Recessed Feature Lighting
- Painted Ceilings with Decorative Wood Accents that Extend to the Walls
- Expansive Windows on Two Sides
UPPER FLOOR HIGHLIGHTS
- Dual Open Riser, Wood Wrapped Staircases Lead to a Second Floor Balcony with Custom Georgian Rail that Overlooks the Front Entry and Formal Sitting Room
- Magnificent Coffered Ceiling Spans Length of Home with Inset Lighting and Two Crystal Chandeliers
- Secondary Reading Nook with Custom French Doors that Lead to Meditation/Prayer Room with Built-In Display Cabinet
- In-Floor Heat in All Bathrooms
UPPER FLOOR BONUS ROOM
- Quiet Workspace has Built-In Desk with Granite Top
- Sitting Room with Wall-Mounted Television with Concealed Plug-Ins to Hide Wires, Smart TV Including Google Chrome
- Direct Access to Large Upper Balcony that Wraps to the East Side of the Home
MASTER SUITE & ENSUITE
- Plush Carpet with Engineered Hardwood Border
- Dual Walk-In Closets with Custom Hanging and Shelf Storage and Custom Window Bench
- Private 5-Piece Ensuite with Heated Tile Floors, Extended Vanity with Granite Countertops, Dual Undermount Sinks, Custom Cabinetry with Antique Finish and Wall-Mounted Light Fixtures
- Master Ensuite Features a Private Water Closet, Drop-In Jetted Tub with Tile Surround and Chandelier Above and Fully-Tiled Glass Shower with Glass Wall, Hans Grohe Rain Shower Head and Wall Mounted Adjustable Shower Head
JUNIOR MASTER SUITE & ENSUITE
- Secondary Master Bedroom with Plush Carpet and Engineered Hardwood Border
- Custom Built-In Window Seat
- Large Walk-In Closet with Organizers
- Private 5-Piece Ensuite with Heated Tile Floors, Extended Vanity with Granite Countertops, Dual Undermount Sinks, and Custom Cabinetry
- Ensuite Features Oversized Walk-In Shower with Multiple Glass Walls, Rain Shower and Adjustable Shower Head, and Free-Standing Soaker Tub with Crystal Chandelier Above
BEDROOM 3 & ENSUITE
- Plush Carpet with Engineered Hardwood Border
- Large Built-In Closet
- Private 4-Piece Ensuite with Heated Tile Floors, Large Vanity with Granite Countertops, Undermount Sink and Cabinetry, Tub/Shower Combo with Full-Height Tile Surround
BEDROOM 4 & MAIN BATH
- Plush Carpet with Engineered Hardwood Border
- Large Walk-In Closet and Custom Built-In Desk and Shelving
- Located Across the Hall from the Main 4-Piece Bathroom
- Main 4-Piece Bathroom with Heated Tile Floors, Large Vanity with Granite Countertops, Custom Cabinets and Tub/Shower Combo with Tile Surround
- Fully-Developed Walkout Basement with 2,553 Square Feet of Developed Living Space and Direct Access to Large Exposed Aggregate Patio and Backyard
- Radiant In-Floor Heating Throughout
- Dual Wood Wrapped Staircases with Tile Inserts
- Large Profile Tile Floors with Decorative Borders
- Wall-to-Wall Wine Display with Cultured Stone Surround and Feature Lighting
- Open-Concept Recreation Room with Oversized Windows, Built-In Media Cabinet, Games Area and Full Bar
- Bar with Granite Countertops, Undermount Sink, Tile Backsplash, Island with Raised Seating, Custom Cabinetry with Glass Doors, Feature Lighting and Built-In Wine Glass Hanger and Two Beverage Fridges
- Fitness Studio with Custom Doors, Cork Flooring and Oversized Windows
- Main 4-Piece Bath/Steam Room with Heated Tile Flooring, Dual Vanities Separated by a Cabinet Tower, Granite Countertops, and Oversized Wet Sauna/Shower with Full Tile Surround
- Two Additional Bedrooms:
- Bedroom 1: Plush Carpet, Spacious Closet, Large Window
- Bedroom 2: Plush Carpet, Spacious Closet, Large Window, 4-Piece Ensuite with Heated Tile Floors, Vanity with Granite Countertops and Tub/Shower Combo with Tile Surround
- Enclosed Mechanical Room with Ample Storage Space
- Built-In Dream Bee Projector and Screen with Custom Built-In Storage to Conceal Subwoofer
- Built-In Shelves and Storage with LED Display Lights
- LED Lighting with 5 Customizable Settings for Full Theatre Experience
- Multi-Level Seating and Plush Carpet Throughout
PLUMBING, HEATING & ELECTRICAL
- 110-Gallon Hot Water Tank
- 2 High-Efficiency Furnaces Each with Power Humidifiers
- Central Vacuum System and All Attachments with Built-In Wall Mounted Hookups for Each Floor
- Russound System with Amplifiers and Built-In Speakers Throughout Including an Outdoor Zone on Back Deck and Walkout Patio
- Separate Boiler System for In-Floor Heating in Basement and Garage
- Kinetico Water Softener and Filtration System
- Roughed-In Air Conditioning
*Disclaimer: Information herein is believed to be accurate but should not be relied upon without independent verification.*
More About Springbank
RE/MAX HOUSE OF REAL ESTATE
Since becoming a Realtor in 2002, Lisa has developed a genuine passion for following real estate news and market trends, to ensure that her clients receive the best representation possible. Whether buying, selling or investing, Lisa prides herself on her ability to provide her clients with exclusive insight, that is not available elsewhere. With an extensive resume in new home sales, Lisa is well versed in the new infill market segments. Lisa has worked with several builders and developers throughout Calgary’s inner city communities, and has a broad understanding of the building process from start to completion. What sets Lisa apart is her true passion of what she does. Lisa understands that buying a home is one of the most significant transactions a person may ever make, which is why she strives to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of any individual or family who chooses to work with her. It is these skills and experience that make Lisa a perfect fit with the Urban Upgrade team.