Detached House For Sale in Calgary, Alberta
|Address||1049 Shawnee Drive SW|
|Courtesy Of||RE/MAX HOUSE OF REAL ESTATE|
|Size (AG)||2780 sq/ft|
|Lot Size||549 sq/metres|
|Parking||Double Garage Attached, Heated|
**See Video for Amazing Before and After Photos** This 6 BEDROOM detached family home in Shawnee Slopes is unrivalled by its peers, featuring THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in professional renos & custom upgrades. Completely re-designed to a contemporary aesthetic, this home competes w/ even the most luxurious estate homes in newer communities & features ALL NEW floors/doors/paint & lighting. Luxury upgrades include all new modern cabinetry, triple pane windows, upgraded carpet, hickory hwd & tile flooring. The chef’s kitchen is a showstopper w/ EXTESNIVE 2-tone cabinetry, custom drawer detailing inclu. pull-outs/a built-in pantry & an upgraded appliance pkg w/ Bosch gas cooktop/ wall oven & custom hoodfan. Over 4,100 sf of finished living space including 4 BEDS A.G + 2 in the fully-developed bsmt. LARGE primary living spaces & a thoughtful floorplan easily accommodate large families. Simply too many upgrades to list here - A private showing is a must! Full details & 3D virtual tour on listing agent's website
|Features||Air Conditioning-Central, Deck, No Animal Home, No Smoking Home, Skylight|
|Site Influences||Backs Onto Park/Trees, Landscaped|
|Parking||Double Garage Attached, Heated|
|Goods Included||Dishwasher-Built-In, Dryer, Garage Control, Garage Opener, Hood Fan, Humidifier-Power (Furnace), Oven-Built-In, Oven-Microwave, Refrigerator - Energy Star, Stove-Countertop Gas, Vacuum System Attachments, Vacuum System(s), Washer, Window Coverings-All, Wine/Beverage Cooler|
|Flooring||Carpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood|
|Heating Type||Forced Air-1|
|Roof Type||Asphalt Shingles|
Poised on a large landscaped lot, this 2-storey detached home in Shawnee Slopes is unrivalled by its peers, featuring thousands of dollars in professional renovations and custom upgrades over every square inch. Completely overhauled in recent years (2017-2019), this outstanding family home competes with the most luxurious estate homes in newer communities. Re-designed to a contemporary aesthetic, this home features all new floors, doors, paint and lighting, as well as luxury upgrades including modern cabinetry throughout, hickory hardwood flooring, LED lighting, refinished stairs and ceilings and triple pane windows throughout.
Thoughtfully-designed to accommodate family life, this home features a functional layout with over 4,100 square feet of professionally-finished living space over three developed levels. With FOUR bedrooms above grade PLUS two additional bedrooms in the basement, this is the ideal choice for large or growing families.
Well-cared for through the years, this home features thousands of dollars in professional renovations that were all completed with appropriate permits. Through the entryway, open-to-above views of the second floor and re-finished staircase open up the space and provide a grand entrance to the home. Boasting new hickory hardwood floors and upgraded tile throughout, this level features neutral paint, designer lighting and spacious primary living areas.
At the rear of the home, the overhauled kitchen is the star of the show with quartz countertops, a modern herringbone tile backsplash, and designer pendant lights. Completely revamped with extensive ceiling-height, two-tone cabinetry, this space has an efficient layout that is great for cooking and entertaining. Boasting TONS of upgraded cabinetry, this kitchen features unmatched cupboard detailing including pull-out spice racks and recycling drawers, a built-in pantry with multiple pull-out wood drawers and a custom built-hoodfan. The stainless-steel appliance package includes a French-door refrigerator, 36” Bosch gas cooktop, built-in wall oven and microwave, and a dishwasher in the island. The furniture style island offers even more storage with cabinets on both sides, and also houses the dual-basin granite sink.
Completely open to the kitchen, the eat-in dining room has space for a good-sized table, with windows on all sides and direct access to the rear deck and BBQ area. Adjacent to the kitchen, the family room is flooded with natural light through large windows that span across the rear of the home, and centers on a fireplace with a tile surround and a media wall with custom millwork.
For dinner parties and larger gatherings, the formal dining room located off of the kitchen has space for a full-sized table and seating that can accommodate ten-plus guests. The formal dining room also opens to the bright front living room, which features soaring vaulted ceilings and views of the quiet street.
French-doors with frosted glass inserts lead to a private den that makes for a great home office or playroom away from the main living spaces. Thanks to two large windows and closet, this space could easily function as a main floor bedroom for larger families, or those who don’t do well with stairs.
A mudroom off of the attached garage also doubles as a laundry room with a side-by-side washer and dryer, and tons of storage for jackets and shoes including a built-in closet and lockers/cubbies. A discrete 2-piece powder room features upgraded tile flooring and a modern vanity with modern cabinetry and designer lighting.
Leading the way to the second floor, the staircase features all new wood railings and a balcony that overlooks the front foyer and allows for plentiful natural light. Upstairs, the second floor hosts three sizable bedrooms, two upgraded bathrooms, hickory hardwood flooring and modern lighting throughout.
The massive master suite features a private South-facing balcony, and two separate walk-in closets with built-in shelves. The private 5-piece ensuite has seen total renovation and looks like it belongs in a brand-new home; with upgraded tile floors, modern cabinetry, quartz countertops and dual undermount sinks. Complete with a free-standing soaker tub and a custom glass/tile shower with body jets and rain showerhead, this is a true private oasis.
Two additional bedrooms both have generous closet space and share use of the main 6-PIECE bath with a modern vanity, quartz countertops, dual sinks, a fully-tiled tub/shower combo, private water closet AND a separate glass tile shower.
Downstairs, the fully-developed basement features over 1,200 sq ft of additional living space, with upgraded carpet and TWO additional extra large bedrooms – both of which have windows that have been adjusted to meet egress standards.
A spacious flex area makes for a great workout space or playroom, while the adjacent rec room has a large window and plenty of space for comfortable furniture. The wet bar features quartz countertops, an undermount sink, a beverage fridge and lots of cabinets including open display shelves.
Another fully-renovated bath features upgraded tile, a modern extended vanity with quartz countertops and a huge walk-in shower with a glass enclosure and full-height tile surround.
Outside, the backyard features mature trees and shrubs and a large deck with upgraded vinyl decking, a BBQ area and room for patio furniture. This home enjoys incredible sunshine all through the day and will feature all new sod in Spring 2020.
The heated double attached garage has parking for two with extra room for four more cars in the driveway if needed. Additional upgrades include two newer high-efficiency furnaces with humidifiers, multiple hot water tanks with a combined 80 gallons of hot water available.
Located away from the hustle of Downtown, this home is just minutes to amenities, parks and schools. Shawnee Slopes is a family-oriented community that offers the feeling of suburban living with quick access to major roadways to make commuting a breeze.
Property Highlights & Renovations
All Completed Between 2017-2019
- Fully-Developed 2-Storey Detached Home with Over 4,100 Square Feet of Developed Living Space (2,780 Square Feet Above Grade)
- Professionally Renovated with All Appropriate Permits with Extensive Upgrades Throughout
- All New Interior Finishes, Flooring, Light Fixtures, Electrical Switches, and Doors
- Refinished Knockdown Ceilings
- 6 Large Bedrooms (4 Up/2 Down) and 3.5 Bathrooms
- Fully-Developed Basement with Two Oversized Bedrooms and 4-Piece Bathroom
- Designer Lighting Package and Premium Fixtures/Finishes Throughout
- New Modern Cabinetry Throughout Kitchen and All Bathrooms
- Double Attached Heated Garage with Parking on Driveway for up to 4 Vehicles
- Brand New Aggregate Driveway and Rear Pathways to Sunny South Backyard
- New Triple Pane Windows Throughout
- Upgraded Roof Shingles and New Stucco Exterior
- Originally Framed Using Upgraded Double Joisted Construction
MAIN FLOOR HIGHLIGHTS
- Open-to-Above Foyer
- Wide-Plank Hickory Hardwood Flooring and Upgraded 12” x 24” and 12” x 6” Tile Flooring Throughout
- Plentiful LED Lighting Throughout
- Private Office/Study/Bedroom on Main Floor with French Doors, Wainscotting Detail, Wallpaper, Built-In Shelf, and Two Windows
- 2-Piece Powder Room with Modern Vanity, and Quartz Countertops
- Updated Wood Railings and Spindles on Stairs and Second Floor Lookover
- Tiled Mudroom/Laundry Space with Built-In Closet, Full-Size Washer and Dryer, Extensive Custom Cabinetry, Storage Lockers and Access to Attached Garage
- Upgraded Quartz Countertops
- Full-Height Herringbone Tile Backsplash
- Custom-Built Hoodfan
- Oversized Furniture Style Island with Functional Design for Cooking, Entertaining, and Storage on Two Sides
- Ample Ceiling-Height Two-Tone Cabinetry with Extensive Built-In Organizers and Pull-Out Drawers Including:
- Built-In Spice Drawer
- Pull-Out Garbage and Recycle Bins
- Built-In Wall Pantry with Wooden Pull-Out Drawers
- Dual-Basin Undermount Black Granite Sink with Chrome Faucet Featuring Dual Spray and Adjustable Arm
- Stainless-Steel Appliance Package Includes:
- 3-Door Samsung Refrigerator
- 36” Bosch Gas Cooktop
- Built-in Microwave Oven and Traditional Wall Oven with Trim Kit
- Dishwasher (In Island)
DINING & GREAT ROOM
- Eat-In Dining Nook with Windows on All Sides and Access to Rear Deck/BBQ
- Formal Dining Room with Space for Large Table and Seating for 10+ Guests
- Rear Living Room with Wood-Burning Fireplace with Tile Surround, Custom Media Wall and In-Floor Gas Line
- Large Windows that Overlook Backyard
- Bright Formal Living Room with Large Windows that Overlook the Quiet Street
- Vaulted Ceilings and Modern Lighting
UPPER FLOOR HIGHLIGHTS
- Wide Plank Hickory Hardwood Flooring Throughout Upper and on Stairs
- Open-to-Below Views
- 3 Large Bedrooms Including Oversized Master Suite
- Main 6-Piece Bath with Modern Extended Vanity, Dual Undermount Sinks, Quartz Countertops, Tub/Shower Combo with Tile Surround, Private Water Closet, and Separate Tile and Glass Enclosure with Rainhead Shower
- Oversized Master Suite with Private South-Facing Balcony, Large Window and His & Her’s Walk-in Closets with Built-In Shelves
- Fully-Renovated Private 5-Piece Ensuite with Tile Floors, Modern Cabinetry, Dual Undermount Sinks, Quartz Countertops, Free-Standing Soaker Tub and Extra Large Tiled Shower with Glass Enclosure, Body Jets and Rainhead Shower with Glass Air Vent
- Huge Bay Windows for Extra Natural Light for a Unique Spa-Like Setting
- Seller Willing to Provide Passage Door, Barn Door or Pocket Door for Bathroom If Desired - Please consult listing agent for more information.
- Fully Developed Basement with Extra Play Rooms & Entertaining Spaces
- Plush Carpet with Upgraded Underlay
- Spa-Like 4-Piece Bathroom with Tile Floors, Modern Cabinetry, Undermount Sink and Custom Large Tiled Shower with Extra Custom Shelving
- Upgraded Bedroom (Windows are Adjusted to Meet Egress Requirements)
- Extra Storage in Utility Room
- Basement Freezer Included in Utility Room
- Two Furnaces
- New Hot Water Tanks with a Total of 80 Gallons Capacity
- Private Backyard Setting with Dura Decking Flooring
- Large Rear Patio Plus Covered Areas and New Sod Coming Spring 2020
- Fully-Landscaped Backyard with Mature Trees and Shrubs
- City Protected Large & Mature South Trees Enhance Backyard Living
*Disclaimer: Information herein is believed to be accurate but should not be relied upon without independent verification.*
More About Shawnee Slopes
RE/MAX HOUSE OF REAL ESTATE
Being licensed since 2009, Zee has over 15 years of real estate marketing experience. His involvement in hundreds of new home and condo project launches proves he knows how intense the market and emotions can be. Timing, co-ordination, execution and a quick response time, is his top priority when handling your real estate needs. Zee is passionate about new construction, infills and making a difference in the community. He always tries to keep up-to-date on real estate trends.